Descriptif de la formation
The BME@UPCité graduate school is organizing two master classes for professionals on 11 May and 12 June 2023.
These 2 days are focused on Computational Systems Biology and Network Science in biology and aim to introduce these topics through practical training.
The 2 masterclasses are independent, but you can attend both.
They are open to PhD students, researchers and engineers in academia and industry.
Registration is mandatory and the number of places is limited to 20.
Pr Sophie Bernard and Pr Samuel Bottani
Do you want to combine mathematics, biology and data science to address the challenges of human health? Take this master class in computational systems biology, which is at the heart of modern biology and health research (personalized medicine, toxicology...) to acquire the skills needed to produce effective research in bioinformatics and computational biology.
Audience: Doctoral students, researchers, and engineers in academia and industry.
Costs Master Class 500€ per Day. Free for Université Paris Cité PhD students and staff
Deadline to enroll 9 May 2023
|9:30||Welcome and coffee|
Introduction and overview
Presentation of the aim and structure of the course, expectations, and backgrounds of the participants
Lecture: Introduction to Systems Biology
Motivation, theories, review of practices
Workshop: Functional enrichment analysis
Introduction to over-representation analysis (ORA) and gene set enrichment analysis (GSEA).
With practice on transcriptomics data.
|13:00||Lunch on your own|
Hands On: Biological databases
Familiarize yourself with databases
Hands On: Integrative modeling
Introduction to the basics of integrative systems biology.
|17:00||End of the day|
During this masterclass, you will:
- Discover the main theories and principles of systems biology;
- Become familiar with the different tools and methods used in systems biology for data interpretation and hypothesis formulation in biological science;
- Gain practical experience in designing models to better understand biological problems, interactions between different entities in living systems and the environment;
- Acquire skills in data analysis.
- Theory and principles of systems biology
- Basic training in methods and tools
- Hands-on sessions on biological problems
This masterclass does not require any specific preparation or prerequisites.
Date des formations
Les sessions terminées
Session : Practical methods in computational systems biology
Lieu : Campus Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Début : 11/05/2023 09:30
Fin : 11/05/2023 17:00