Descriptif de la formation
The module provides elements for reflection, analysis and contextual setting. It combines theoretical and practical knowledge. It is interactive and promotes a concrete approach to the place and function of ethics in scientific approach.
Introduction: Introducing the course and its objectives:
- develop a willingness to be reflective in face of ethical issues
- know ethical values and concepts in scientific research
- identify and consult relevant actors and normative documents
Introductory exercise: spontaneous reflection on the constraints and resources associated with the injunction to integrity and ethics for scientists
- Ethical issues and research integrity
- Emergence of moral and ethical issues in science
- Definitions: morals, ethics and integrity
Case Study 1: case of ethical drift in medical research (Pfizer, Nigeria)
- Ethics of research in France: mapping of actors and normative texts
- Recent advances
- The French institutional system of research ethics and its shortcomings
- Texts and resources
Practical case: illustration, reformulation and identification of practical limits of the ethical principles defined in the "National Charter for Research Integrity"
Case Study 2: a case of ethical drift in biological research (Lyssenko, USSR)
- Scientific misconducts: case studies
- Some studies measuring the magnitude of the phenomenon
- Typology of misconducts
Case Study 3: a case of ethical drift in psychological research (Burt, Great Britain)
Practical exercise: « Dilemma Game » from Erasmus University of Rotterdam
- Focus on plagiarism
- What treatment for fraud?
Conclusion: ethical issues and career for researchers
To question the concepts:
- research ethics
- research integrity
- conflict of interest
- scientific fraud
Liste des sessions
Session: Scientific research ethics - 1st semester
Lieu: to be defined
Début: 28/11/2022 17:00:00
Fin: 29/11/2022 20:00:00
November 28 and 29, 2022 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Session: Scientific research ethics - 2nd semester
Lieu: to be defined
Début: 06/03/2023 17:00:00
Fin: 07/03/2023 20:00:00
March 6 and 7, 2023 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.